Learn about the wonderful 11 ways in which yoga can help you keep your physical and mental health in the best of the shape through this article.
The traditional discipline of yoga has immense benefits for the body, mind, and soul. While many of us wish to dwell into this glorious science for improving our overall well-being, sometimes it’s just not possible. The busy schedule, managing the family, finishing the endless chores, socializing, and what not, makes it impossible for a majority of us to roll out our yoga mats for our own goodness and health. Apart from enhancing the focus, driving up the perfect posture, improving the quality of breath and allowing us to adopt healthier breathing patterns, there are various ways yoga makes us fit at all levels. Read about the best 11 ways here:
- Builds Muscle Strength: Increasing muscle strength can have many positive impacts on the overall health and well-being of a person. It decreases the risk of obesity, prevents diabetes, minimizes the chances of osteoporosis and sarcopenia, and so much more. The performance of yoga postures like plank pose, downward dog pose, arm balances, etc., encourages you to hold your own body weight, thus helping you build strength in your muscles and bones.
- Increases the heart rate: While many people are not aware of the health benefits of an increased heart rate, a rise in your heart rate during exercise provides plenty of short-term and long-term health benefits such as a sound metabolism, better detoxification, and much more. The practice of sun salutation series drives your heart rate up, which results in different physiological benefits such as sound metabolism, better detoxification, fewer viral infections, and much more.
- Tones the Muscles: A regular practice of yoga promotes toning of the muscles, endurance, and flexibility. Yoga can prove to be a powerful tool in building long lean muscles rather than bulky ones. Toned muscles work in their full range of motion thus improving the balance of a practitioner.
- Enhances Stamina: The holding of yoga postures for a longer duration during the practice of different yoga styles such as Hatha, Ashtanga, Bikram, etc. leads to better stamina. Stamina can be regarded as a kind of strength that emphasis on endurance essential for optimal fitness.
- Releases Toxins and Lactic Acid: The practice of several yoga styles such as Bikram yoga, Power yoga makes you sweat profusely resulting in the detoxification of the body. Additionally, it encourages the release of lactic buildup in muscles for better health of the muscles.
- Promotes Weight Loss: If tailor-made diets and strict fitness regimes are ineffective in reducing the extra pounds of weight from your body then consider practicing the science of yoga. According to yoga, apart from faulty dietary habits, weight gain also stems from improper functioning of various body organs. Yoga practices involve breathing exercises, yoga asanas that aim at cleansing, balancing and rejuvenating our inner organs while effectively aiding in weight loss.
- Eliminates Back pain: Desk-bound jobs, lack of physical exercises, constant crouching over the computer screens, and various health issues give rise to a back pain. Yoga is a natural healer that is effectual in eliminating the back pain. The routine practice of yoga strengthens the muscles surrounding the spine thus decreasing the back pain. Also, the daily practice of yoga tones the back, thus alleviating the pain.
- Reduces the risk of Arthritis: If you are looking for an alternative to pills to cure the disease of arthritis, then there is no better solution than yoga. The dedicated practice of yoga lubricates the joints, reduces strain and stiffness in the joints allowing you to gain strength, flexible body, and an improved balance.
- Reduces Stress: The modern living is plagued by stress and anxiety which gives rise to many physiological and psychological health problems. One potent way of alleviating stress is found in the traditional system of yoga. The practice of yoga postures, breathing techniques, meditation, etc. reduces the production of stress hormone cortisol and increases the development of a happy hormone, such as serotonin, oxytocin, etc., bringing the mind into a state of serenity.
- Improves Cardiovascular Health: Today, you can barely tell when your cardiac health hits a low point, young or old everyone seems to be affected by diverse heart health conditions. However, you can keep your heart in good health with the practice of yoga. It helps in managing blood pressure, reducing cholesterol level, thus protecting the heart from problems.
- Boosts Immunity: Excess stress and fatigue lower immunity level of a person. Indulge in a regular practice of yoga to reduces stress, improve body functions, oxygenating the cells and so much more, thus enhancing the immunity of a practitioner.
Inculcate the habit of regular yoga practice in your life and enjoy healthy, fit and incredible moments from very now.